Investing in a durable compound bow case is sometimes overlooked by most archers. Besides the skyrocketing prices of high-quality soft and hard bow cases, selecting the right one to fit your compound bow and its accessories is equally challenging.
However, it is essential to remember why compound bow cases exist. A compound bow case, whether soft or hard, keeps your archery equipment in good condition and shields it from any hazard that can potentially inflict damage.
As an archer, you must consider your bow’s needs by providing the best compound bow case. Since the compound bow case market is rife with numerous selections, going through every option can be overwhelming.
Thus, we’ve ranked the 23 best compound bow cases, both hard and soft, to help narrow down your selection:
- 1. Pelican Air 1745
- 2. Legend Apollo Travel Compound Bow Case
- 3. SKB Cases iSeries 3I-3614-PL-M
- 4. Plano Molding Protector
- 5. LEGEND Everest Hybrid Roller Lockable Compound Bow Case
- 6. Flambeau Outdoors 6461SC
- 7. SKB Cases 3i-4217-DB-M iSeries Double Bow Case
- 8. Summit Olympus Compound Bow Case
- 9. Plano Bow Max Stealth Vertical Bow Case
- 10. Legend Monstro Professional
- 11. LWANO Compound Bow Case
- 12. Plano Parallel Limb Hard Bow Case
- 13. SKB iSeries 3i 4214 PL Parallel Limb Bow Case
- 14. Silfrae Compound Bow Case Soft Bow
- 15. Case Club Waterproof Parallel Limb Compound Bow Pre-cut Case
- 16. Plano 10-10630 Bow Guard SE 44 Bow Case
- 17. Gespann Soft Bow Case
- 18. Legend Mohawk Camouflage Compound Bow Case
- 19. Easton Workhorse 4118 Bow Case
- 20. Allen Company Compound Bow Case
- 21. Easton World Cup Bow Case
- 22. Lakewood Bowfile Elite Bow Case
- 23. DarkForest BC-1 Camo Archery Bow Case
- Should compound bow cases be soft or hard?
- Who makes the best compound bow case?
1. Pelican Air 1745
If you have done your research before stumbling on this article, the Pelican Air 1745 compound bow case may seem familiar to you now. Pelican is among the top bow case brands known for its premium quality, quickly making Pelican Air 1745 ranked first on our list.
Dubbed the “King of all bow cases,” Pelican Air 1745 is the best compound bow case for travel or storage purposes. It is a hard bow case that only weighs 23.15 pounds, with the outer material made of a proprietary polypropylene blend, making it 40% lighter than other compound bow cases.
Due to its Molle Strap System, the Pelican Air 1745 is very customizable inside. You will find it easy to organize the archery accessories inside because it has two arrow tube straps, six bungee cords, two foam arrow holders, two accessory pouches, and a divider between your arrows and bow.
In addition, the compound bow case model has proven to be dustproof, waterproof, and crushproof, earning the number one spot on our list.
- TSA-approved Press and Pull™ locking latches
- Plenty of storage
- Smooth wheels
- Lifetime warranty
- Best for air travel
- Customizable and easy to organize
- Extremely durable
- Secures your bow
- You should remove a few accessories attached to the bow to get a proper fit.
2. Legend Apollo Travel Compound Bow Case
Ranking second on our list of best compound bow cases is the Legend Apollo Travel Compound Bow Case. Although soft cases may seem less durable than hard ones, Legend Apollo Travel Compound Bow Case proves otherwise.
It has layers of shock-absorbing foam, ensuring your compound bow is safe in case of an accidental impact and shock. Another great thing about Legend Apollo Travel Compound Bow Case is that it is water-resistant, keeping your bow dry from any possible spillage or rain.
Legend Apollo Travel can accommodate both shorter and longer compound bows. Due to its spacious interiors, you can also add several bowhunting tools.
- Its neoprene handle and padded should strap improve comfort and portability, particularly during travel
- Extremely light
- Varied color choices: blue, orange, red, and gray
- 30-day full money-back guarantee
- Thin padding
3. SKB Cases iSeries 3I-3614-PL-M
SKB Cases iSeries 3I-3614-PL-M grabs third in our list of best compound bow cases. If you air travel a lot and are looking for a cheaper hard compound bow case than Pelican Air 1745, you should check out SKB Cases iSeries 3I-3614-PL-M.
The brand is famous for its rock-solid military-grade gear bow cases, and its SKB Cases iSeries 3I-3614-PL-M is one of the many durable compound bow cases it sells.
SKB Cases iSeries 3I-3614-PL-M has a compact rectangular design promoting organized packing for target archers and bowhunters. Its foam is adjustable to fit your compound bow inside and measures 34.5 in length.
Additionally, it is also waterproof and impervious to impact. Due to its military-grade design, it has grip handles and trigger release, which ensures that your compound bow remains safe and intact.
- Corrosion-resistant and dustproof
- Lifetime warranty
- It can withstand plenty of abuse.
- It can last a long time.
- UV rays resistant
- Smooth wheels
- Separate cost for accessory boxes
- It can be too small for compound bows over 34 inches in length.
4. Plano Molding Protector
Plano Molding Protector is another model you should consider if you want a thrifty but durable bow case for your compound bow. It can hold parallel limb bows because of its compact design. Inside, it has a high-density padded foam where you can also store arrows.
Your compound bow remains secured due to its molded handles and Plano PillarLock system. Moreover, Plano Molding Protector is ideal for beginners yet to fully invest in a compound bow case that will serve them for years.
- Reasonable price
- Good for travel
- Plenty of storage space for arrows
- Easy to carry around
- Not as durable
- It may leak when left in the rain for a more extended amount of time.
5. LEGEND Everest Hybrid Roller Lockable Compound Bow Case
The LEGEND Everest Hybrid Roller Lockable Compound Bow Case is the best hybrid compound bow case earning the top five spot. It comprises high-density 1800D nylon material with three handles for easy loading and unloading. A hard bow case enables the archer to store two compound bows inside.
If you own two compound bows, LEGEND Everest Hybrid Roller Lockable Compound Bow Case got your back. The inside of the compound bow case has padded cam pockets, adjustable velcro straps, a telescopic arrow tube, and accessory pouches. It also has front pockets for frequently used items.
- No need to invest in a new bow case since you can store two bows inside
- Airline-approved locks
- Keeps your archery gears protected
- Wide storage space
- It can be too heavy for some
- Others may find it too big
6. Flambeau Outdoors 6461SC
Flambeau Outdoors is a trusted bow case brand offering inexpensive, sturdy storage for your compound bow. For casual shooters looking for a compound bow case with a hard shell exterior, Flambeau Outdoors 6461SC can provide plenty of space for your bow.
It can house twelve arrows and rubber racks with four latches and lock hasps. Furthermore, it allows you to tune your arrows thanks to its pre-molded broadhead sockets.
The hard bow case boasts a sturdy polymer construction and a security system to protect your bow at all costs. Flambeau Outdoors 6461SC also has crush pillars and an internal lid fitted to your liking.
- Provides adequate protection
- It has an arrow rubber racking system
- High durability
- Pretty cheap foam
- Exposed metal screw heads
7. SKB Cases 3i-4217-DB-M iSeries Double Bow Case
SKB Cases iSeries comes in various models, and SKB Cases 3i-4217-DB-M iSeries Double Bow Case is noteworthy. Like the Legend Everest Hybrid, SKB Cases 3i-4217-DB-M iSeries Double Bow Case can store up to two bows and additional gears.
It is ideal for air travel and weighs 24.3 pounds with the following internal dimensions: 40 inches x 16 inches x 6 inches.
You can carry SKB Cases 3i-4217-DB-M iSeries Double Bow Case horizontally, with a padded divider to separate each bow. In addition, it has four metal rings and six latches to lock in your valuables.
- It has a handle and towing wheels for smooth transport
- Plenty of padding and interior space
- Both dust and water resistant
- It can store long compound bows
- Sturdy design
- Heavier than single-bow cases
- May go over the 50-pound airplane weight limit
8. Summit Olympus Compound Bow Case
Another best-rated soft bow case on our list is the Summit Olympus Compound Bow Case.
Although Summit is not among the most widely-known bow case brands, it provides top-tier bow and arrow storage with the following dimensions: 41 inches x 5 inches x 19 inches.
Due to its size, Summit Olympus Compound Bow Case can fit most bows. Since it is a soft compound bow case, it only weighs 3.9 pounds, further cementing its impressive portability. Compared to other compound bow cases, it has at least ten exterior pouches and is available in various colors.
- Exceptionally lightweight
- Tons of storage
- Secures your compound bow
- Convenient to use
- Velcro straps can be quite long
- A little bulky due to its size
9. Plano Bow Max Stealth Vertical Bow Case
Next on our list is Plano’s high-end rugged soft compound bow case, the Plano Bow Max Stealth Vertical Bow Case. With its high-density foam, you can rest assured your compound bow has enough protection.
Compared to some compound bow cases, it enables you to load your bow vertically instead of horizontally. Thus, its vertical orientation allows for effortless packing and retrieving of your compound bow.
Plano Bow Max Stealth Vertical Bow Case has hook and loop straps inside to store archery accessories. It also has an interior mesh pocket as an additional feature for storage. This compound bow case has dual carry options for less muscle fatigue: grip handle and padded shoulder strap.
- It is compatible with most modern bow setups
- Vertical loading
- Easy carry
- Best for target archers and bowhunters
- Bows over 39 inches in length may not fit
10. Legend Monstro Professional
Rising to popularity among compound bow cases, especially in the soft case category, is the Legend Monstro Professional. You can expect it to hold a compound bow up to 47 inches long.
Legend Monstro Professional’s extra thick padding with oversized zippers make it an excellent choice if you are looking for a reasonably priced, high-end quality soft compound bow case. Additionally, it has interior and exterior pockets for extra storage.
The compound bow case model boasts adjustable cam protectors and an arrow pocket to organize your gears.
- Not bulky compared to other sizeable soft bow cases
- Multiple carry options
- Ample protective padding
- Less pricey
- Fits most bows
- Velcro straps can be a bit bothersome
11. LWANO Compound Bow Case
LWANO Compound Bow Case is a lightweight, soft bow compound bow case excellent for bowhunting due to its camo design and rugged 600D canvas.
Moreover, it has dual-zippered closure and lining protection padding on its exterior. Since it is waterproof, you have fewer worries when traveling, and it suddenly rains.
- With handle and backpack straps
- Two cam pockets
- It comes with pockets
- Abrasion-resistant canvas
- Minimal impact padding
12. Plano Parallel Limb Hard Bow Case
Plano Parallel Limb Hard Bow Case has the ultimate fit for compound bows with parallel-limb style. The bow case model boasts industrial-strength molding and a customizable fit.
Like other Plano compound bow cases, Plano Parallel Limb Hard Bow Case also has a PillarLock system that allows you to position both support pillars as necessary. It secures your bow during transportation because of its moveable tie-down straps.
- Best for modern parallel limb bow styles
- Generous padding for ultra-protection
- It comes with a utility box
- Built-in arrow holders
- It can only accommodate a bow up to 43 inches
- Considered to be heavy – 14.5 pounds weight
13. SKB iSeries 3i 4214 PL Parallel Limb Bow Case
Aside from Plano Parallel Limb Hard Bow Case, SKB iSeries 3i 4214 PL also caters to archers looking for a bow case for their parallel limb style bow. Under SKB’s iSeries, its 3i 4214 PL Parallel Limb Bow Case is much heavier and rugged.
It is excellent for air travel due to its automatic pressure equalization valve feature.
With its multiple reinforced padlock, your bow remains protected. SKB iSeries 3i 4214 PL Parallel Limb Bow Case also has stainless steel hinge pins and cushioned snap-down handles.
- Built-in skate-style wheels
- Water and dust resistant
- Heavy since it weighs over 8 kilograms
14. Silfrae Compound Bow Case Soft Bow
There are inexpensive compound bow cases with impressive features, too, like the Silfrae Compound Bow Case Soft Bow. It has two backstraps, a carry handle, and a shoulder strap. It is spacious and can house various archery kits and gear inside and outside.
- Best for those on a tight budget
- Arrow tube case pocket
- A decent bow case for a youth bow
- Cheap yet useful
- Not so thick padding near the cams and on the edges
15. Case Club Waterproof Parallel Limb Compound Bow Pre-cut Case
Another hard bow case for parallel limb style bows is the Case Club Waterproof Parallel Limb Compound Bow Pre-cut Case. Compared to its competitors, this compound bow case is among the most recent and can hold up to 41 inches of bows.
Among its features is its waterproof design, which prevents water from entering the bow case even when submerged. It can also hold a dozen arrows and is easy to carry thanks to its tote wheels.
Case Club Waterproof Parallel Limb Compound Bow Pre-cut Case is rustproof because it has a hydro-absorbent silica gel.
- Airline approved
- Nicely neat and organized
- Keep your bow stationary thanks to its convoluted foam
- Ensures your arrows stay still
- Lifetime warranty
- It cannot fit quivers
- Bow sights may protrude
16. Plano 10-10630 Bow Guard SE 44 Bow Case
Plano 10-10630 Bow Guard SE 44 Bow Case may be the brand’s cheapest compound bow case with top-tier quality and durability. It is a spacious compound bow case with incredible functionality and design.
Another excellent feature of the Plano 10-10630 Bow Guard SE 44 Bow Case is its angle-locking foam that keeps the arrows still. The compound bow case’s exterior has tabs that you can use for tie-down or padlocks.
- Easy to carry
- Guaranteed to last long
- Quiver storage
- It is less premium than other Plano bow case models.
- It only works for particular compound bow models.
17. Gespann Soft Bow Case
Some archers travel less and may not see the need to use the compound bow case regularly. If you are among the few, Gespann Soft Bow Case is an affordable, good, quality compound bow case that will cost you only a few bucks.
Gespann is a newcomer in the bow case market, which explains you will rarely hear it compared to huge competitors. Nevertheless, its Gespann Soft Bow Case is an affordable compound bow case option with 600D polyester fabric protecting your bow.
Furthermore, it can house up to 44 inches compound bow plus adequate storage for accessories like stabilizers, quivers, and bow sights.
- Numerous straps
- Its shoulder strap is both adjustable and removable.
- Internal padding
- Strange camouflage finish
- Weak zipper
18. Legend Mohawk Camouflage Compound Bow Case
Weighing 5.1 pounds and made of nylon, Legend Mohawk Camouflage is a top-end soft compound bow case best for bows under 41 inches. It has thick protective padding ideal for bowhunting and storage use.
In addition, it is affordable, with an external pocket intended for arrow case storage. Legend Mohawk Camouflage Compound Bow Case has a straightforward black, camouflage, or multicolor design, depending on your preferred color.
- Easy mobility
- Abundant pockets
- Weak zippers
19. Easton Workhorse 4118 Bow Case
Aside from manufacturing high-performing well-known bows and archery equipment, Easton also produces numerous bow cases like Easton Workhorse 4118 Bow Case.
Easton Workhorse 4118 Bow Case is a great starter bow case for a beginner. The compound bow case comprises foam and fleeces inside.
- Edge design aesthetics
- It fits the majority of modern compound bows
- It has eight accessory pouches
- It comes with a dedicated arrow box holder
- Extra thick interior padding
- Quite expensive for a soft shell bow case
- It may only provide limited protection
20. Allen Company Compound Bow Case
Allen Company Compound Bow Case has a soft interior lining that protects your bow from damage. Although it may provide less protection than hard bow cases, it still elevates comfort and convenience.
Aside from primary vital features, the Allen Company Compound Bow case has the following exterior dimensions: 41 inches x 17 inches x 2 inches. It boasts a thick outer fabric and has unique tie-down straps.
Moreover, the bow case’s zippers must pull tabs to access your gears quickly.
- Ten various pockets
- It enables you to store arrows on the bow case’s opposite side.
- Multiple carrying strap choices
- It has a padded long strap.
- Relatively small than its counterparts
21. Easton World Cup Bow Case
Another compound bow case from Easton is its World Cup Bow Case model, which comes in numerous colors. Easton Work Cup Bow Case only weighs 4.6 pounds, enough to hold a bow up to 45 inches long.
It guarantees easy transport and has two zippers, padding, and a solid strap to keep the bow and archery accessories intact. Additionally, it has five color choices with the most trailblazing sport design.
- Designed to work with Easton arrow totes as well as Deluxe 33 inches and 36 inches arrow boxes
- Dense 360′ exterior
- Padded carry handle
- It has corner cam padding.
- Nine accessory pockets
- Not advisable for long travels because of stitching issues
- Cams may get caught in the mesh
22. Lakewood Bowfile Elite Bow Case
If you are still deciding whether you prefer a hard or soft bow case, Lakewood Bowfile Elite Bow Case offers the best of both worlds. It combines features of hard and soft bow cases to cater to the needs of archers.
Lakewood Bowfile Elite Bow Case exterior material protects it from scratches and has a comprehensive profile to place your bow inside easily despite the attached quiver. It also weighs 16 pounds with the following measures: 41 inches x 15 inches x 8 inches.
Another awesome thing that included Lakewood Bowfile Elite Bow Case on our list is that you can open it from the top without laying it flat on the ground, unlike other traditional compound bow cases.
- It can hold 18 arrows in its pockets
- Sleek and spacious
- Ensures your compound bow is safe and secure
- Soft-sided hard bow case
- It can house the most comprehensive parallel limb and split limb style bows.
- It has a D-ring or strap.
- It is not waterproof
- It doesn’t have snap locks for additional protection.
23. DarkForest BC-1 Camo Archery Bow Case
Last but not least is the DarkForest BC-1 Camo Archery Bow Case which can fit modern compound bows up to 37.5 inches. You can wear the compound bow case as a backpack for more comfortable and convenient transport.
It is also durable, thanks to its nylon fabric material. Since it has padded foam walls, you can rest assured that your bow and archery gears remain secured. On the other hand, this compound bow case only weighs 2.5 pounds.
- Foldable and durable
- It has pockets for arrow quiver and tube.
- It comes in three straps: handle, backpack, and shoulder straps.
- It cannot hold compound bows over 37.5 inches long.
- Only arrows less than 32 inches can fit inside the compound bow case.
Those are the 23 best hard and soft compound bow cases, with the Pelican Air 1745 ranking first as the best overall. Nevertheless, the choice is still yours on which compound bow case suits your preferences and needs. The list above acts as an excellent start to your decision-making process.
Buying Guide for the Best Compound Bow Case
Bow cases share a similar purpose but may significantly differ in quality and pricing. Here are the factors to guide you in choosing the best bow case for your compound bow:
Compound bow size
Some compound bows are longer than others, while some are shorter. For instance, most bowhunters prefer shooting shorter compound bows. On the other hand, target archers prefer to use longer ones.
Therefore, you need to measure your compound bow’s size to determine which bow case size you need.
Choose a compound bow case at most 3 inches bigger than your compound bow’s size for better clearance.
Amount of storage
Like other bags, there is also a limit on how many a compound bow case can store inside. Some archers may need more storage, while others less. Below are the following archery gears you might need to put inside your bow case aside from your compound bow:
- Bow sight
- Bow stand
Aside from identifying the amount of storage you’ll need, check if the compound bow case has separate compartments to organize your gears better.
Bow case type
As mentioned above, two main types of bow cases are hard and soft. A hard compound bow case is the best choice for the ultimate level of protection for your equipment. Contradictorily, soft compound bow cases are lighter than its counterpart.
If you follow a strict budget, the price is among the most significant factor in choosing the best compound bow case.
Compound bow case prices can range from $30 to over $300, based on the quality and feature each compound bow case offers.
Compound bow cases made of cheap materials will only last for a while and can damage your compound bow. It can result in more extraordinary expenses than buying a high-quality compound bow case that keeps your bow secured and unscratched.
Select a compound bow case that is highly durable to avoid any damage and further expenses.
Aside from durability, choose the compound bow case that offers the best protection. There should be enough padding and foam to protect your equipment from impact.
Pay extra attention to your compound bow’s most delicate parts: cams, string, and cable. There must be enough padding around these parts.
Select a hard compound bow case with a strap to keep your bow intact. A loose bow inside a case can get damaged.
If you travel often, look for a compound bow case designed for air travel with TSA standard approval. Compound bow cases like the Pelican Air 1745 and SKB Cases have high-density inner padding and TSA-approved, perfect for traveling archers.
Look for a compound bow case with a gasket lining along its closure for a better shield against elements. Waterproof compound bow cases are ideal for bowhunters who hunt for hours under harsh weather conditions.
Should compound bow cases be soft or hard?
Choosing between soft and hard compound bow cases depends on one’s preference. However, a hard compound bow case is the best option if you travel often and want to ensure the best protection for your compound bow.
Who makes the best compound bow case?
Pelican makes the best compound bow case, but other brands are worth checking too that produce high-quality bow cases, such as Flambeau Outdoors, SKB Cases, and Plano Moulding.